Cambridge Language Consultants' Recommended Reference Books
The following materials are all used by Cambridge Language Consultants' editors and consultants and carry our full recommendation:
- Shorter Oxford English Dictionary
- Oxford American Dictionary
- New Oxford Thesaurus
- Oxford Style Manual
- The Cambridge Grammar of the English Language
- McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 6th ed.
- Scientific Style and Format: the CBE Manual for Authors, Editors and
Publishers, 6th ed.
- The ACS Style Guide: A Manual for Authors and Editors, 2nd ed.
- The Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 5th ed.
- The Manual of Scientific Style, 1st ed., Rabinowitz and Vogel, eds. This volume contains specific guidelines for each of the following disciplines: mathematics, physics, astronomy, chemistry, organic chemistry, earth science, environmental science, life science, and medical science.